All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling 20,000 miles, inspiring love and despair in equal measure, and changing hands multiple times, Lt Minter Dials Annapolis ring changed the lives of manyt just those who gazed upon its bright, blue stone.The spellbinding account of one mans obsession with a family secretand the product of decades of research and inquiriesThe Last Ring Home details Minter Dials pursuit of the Naval Academy ring belonging to his namesake, his late grandfather Lt. Minter Dial, a celebrated war hero whose mysterious, horrific death caused those who loved him most to bury his memory forever.A prisoner of Japanese work camps in the Philippines, Minter discov- ered the cruelest meaning of the Bushido Principle. Moments before he was killed in the most brutal of conditions, Minter gave his treasured ring to a friend. In the ensuing chaos, it disappeared. Armed with a passion for history and a determination to uncover the truth of his grandfathers story, Dials epic quest for the lost ring transports him to prisoner of war memorials and ex-POW conventions in the Philippines and the US, numerous military and press archives, and the homes of those affected by the war across the world.Sweeping as far back as the American Civil War, The Last Ring Home combines historical events with rigorous research and startling anecdotesgained from more than 100 interviews with experts, widows, survivors, and descendants of the Greatest Generationto tell the powerful story of American prisoners of war in the Pacific.
- Author BiographyMinter Dial is a professional speaker, history fanatic, and president and founder of The Myndset Company, a strategic firm providing digital and brand consulting to clients including Orange, Kering Group, Samsung, LOre'al, and Total, among others. Alumni of Eton College, he received his BA in Trilingual Literature from Yale University and earned his MBA at INSEADFontainebleau.
- Author(s)Minter Dial
- PublisherMyndset Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMyndset Press
- Weight408 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.