All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1307 King Philip the Fair of France and Pope Clement V brought to trial one of the most powerful institutions of the medieval world: the Order of the Knights of the Temple. Alain Demurger reopens the case and tells the story of the Order's Grand Master, Jacques de Molay. He examines the arrests, the trials, the transcripts of the inquisitions and Molay's own devastating confession in this study of one of the most gruesome episodes of European history.
- Author BiographyAlain Demurger is an honorary lecturer in medieval history at the University of Paris. He has written and published extensively on the military religious orders which grew out of the crusades, including a history of the Templars and a general work on the 'soldiers of Christ'.
- Author(s)Alain Demurger
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/03/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight253 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementRe-issue
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.