All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last Tiger is the story of the crisis of the tiger in India, hunted from times immemorial. The author journeys through 7000 years of history about the killing of the tiger and brings the reader to the present context of what is, in the author's words, a 'terminal tiger crisis'. Where do we go from here? Will there be a miracle that saves the tiger? Can the government act in time? Will the ermous illegal trade in tiger skins that is rampant in Tibet be stopped? The book contains annexures with correspondence between the author and the Prime Minister's Office, and includes a Note of Dissent to the report submitted by the Task Force. The Note outlines Thapar's plan of action to ensure the long-term survival of tigers, with detailed policy prescriptions. The new Preface 'We Cant Save the Indian Tiger' by the author critically reviews the current tiger population and the conservation measures undertaken.
- Author BiographyValmik Thapar is an internationally celebrated tiger and wildlife conservationist. He is a member of the National Board of Wildlife chaired by the Prime Minister, and is the author of twenty-one books on tigers, wildlife, and Africa, most recently The Tiger: Soul of India (OUP 2011), An African Diary: 12 Days in Kenya (OUP 2009), Ranthambhore: 10 Days in the Tiger Fortress (OIP 2011), The Illustrated Tigers of India (OUP 2007), and Tiger: The Ultimate Guide (OUP 2005).
- Author(s)Valmik Thapar
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Note11 line drawings; 27 colour photographs
- Weight346 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.