All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile flying fighters in and out of combat, US Navy pilot Eric Spyder Greene repeatedly came face-to-face with his own mortality. But ne of his cockpit exploits prepared him for what lay ahead. The same navy that had Spyder piloting the last manually flown fighter on and off aircraft carriers, w has the reserve commander assigned to a staff job where he grapples with a post-9/11 world filled with unmanned aircraft and drones, politically-driven policies, women in combat, and doubt as to his role in any of it. In The Last Top Gun, a vel by Dan Zimberoff, Spyder meets the future of naval aviation in the form of two young, aspiring aviators. The grizzled fighter pilot, raw and anything but politically correct, recounts his harrowing experiences when he and his squadronmates were part rock stars, part Olympic athletes in the air--and all male. Spyder's encounters and chronicles intrigue the young officers, and like the reader, they want more. Dan Zimberoff, Top Gun graduate, finished first in his flight school classes and was named West Coast F-14 RIO of the Year while stationed at the famed Naval Air Station Miramar, a.k.a. Fightertown, USA. Hundreds of catapult shots and arrested landings fill his log book, along with dozens of combat missions during the first Gulf War. In this exhilirating story, he provides an honest and provocative look into the best of the best during the last generation of male-only navy fighter jocks. Fifty percent of the profits from the sale of this book are donated to charity organizations that support US active duty and veterans organizations.
- Author BiographyDan Zimberoff finished first in his flight school classes and was named West Coast F-14 RIO of the Year while stationed at the famed Naval Air Station Miramar, a.k.a. Fightertown, USA. Hundreds of catapult shots and arrested landings fill his log book, along with over forty combat missions during the first Gulf War. He knows first-hand what it's like to land an F-14 Tomcat on the pitching, rolling deck of an aircraft carrier. Zimberoff spent twenty-five years in active and reserve service. He has been deployed across the world in a myriad of assignments-from department head to commanding officer. As a reservist, he was mobilized following 9/11 where he briefed four-star admirals in the fight against terrorism. Retired as a captain from the US Navy, Zimberoff practices law in the Pacific Northwest and enjoys parenting his teenaged kids and playing beer league hockey. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)Dan Zimberoff
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.