Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn these stories, art, history, architecture, and contemporary politics feed into the swirling palette of colors with which the migrant experience is painted. Through dreams, memories, and an unforgettable host of characters--the lonely Mustafa who cares only for the fate of his beloved poplar tree back home on the Anatolian plain, the tragic Madame Suslova who recalls memories of a lover who squandered her money on the roulette tables of Istanbul, and the members of the Coci family who make their desperate way through the Frejus Tunnel--readers experience the constant state of longing and displacement associated with immigration and exile.
- Author BiographyNedim Gursel is the author of The Conqueror, The Daughters of Allah, and A Long Summer in Istanbul and the recipient of the Freedom of Expression and Publishing Award, the Ipecki Prize, and the Prize of the Academy of Turkish Linguistics and Literature. Ruth Whitehouse is a translator and musician.
- Author(s)Nedim Gursel
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Weight209 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byRuth Whitehouse
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.