All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the moment we first open our homes - and our hearts - to a new pet, we kw that one day we will have to watch this beloved animal age and die. The pain of that eventual separation is the cruel corollary to the love we share with them, and most of us deal with it by simply igring its inevitability. With The Last Walk, Jessica Pierce makes a forceful case that our pets, and the love we bear them, deserve better. Drawing on the moving story of the last year of the life of her own treasured dog, Ody, she presents an in-depth exploration of the practical, medical, and moral issues that trouble pet owners confronted with the decline and death of their companion animals. The Last Walk asks - and answers - the toughest questions pet owners face. The result is informative, moving, and consoling in equal parts; pet lover should miss it.
- Author BiographyJessica Pierce is a bioethicist and coauthor of Wild Justice: The Moral Lives of Animals.
- Author(s)Jessica Pierce
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note1 halftone, 1 table
- Weight367 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.