Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe HIV panic of the 1980s prompted CDC and OSHA to mandate the use of natural rubber latex gloves in health care. The increased use of rubber gloves created a latex allergy crisis for health care workers. Articles have been written on the causes, symptoms, and treatments of latex allergy; however, there are few, if any, written experiences of those living with a hypersensitivity to latex. Author Margaret Konieczny gives a historical perpective of glove use in health care and shares her experiences as well as the experiences of others who suffer from a latex allergy in the hopes that her personal story will help others. Margaret takes us through her early symptoms, diagsis, Worker's Compensation issues, and employer accommodations. Latex allergies affect the whole person, from the clothing they wear, foods they eat, places they visit, and their personal lifestyle. It is their emotional well-being in addition to their physical well-being that is affected. Latex allergies are permanent. There is cure except strict avoidance which is difficult to do; latex is ubiquitous.
- Author BiographyMargaret Konieczny is a Registered Nurse who had to alter her career path due to a latex allergy. She is currently a faculty candidate for the University of Phoenix. She lives in Carson City, Nevada and has published a children's book, Ten Finger Prints in the Butter.
- Author(s)Margaret Konieczny
- PublisherK & K Publications
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintK & K Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.