The Latin American Cultural Studies Reader by Duke University Press (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Latin American Cultural Studies Reader brings together thirty-six field-defining essays by the most prominent theorists of Latin American cultural studies. Written over the past several decades, these essays provide an assessment of Latin American cultural studies, an account of the field's historical formation, and an outline of its significant ideological and methodological trends and theoretical controversies. With many essays appearing in English for the first time, the collection offers a comprehensive view of the specific problems, topics, and methodologies that characterize Latin American cultural studies vis-a-vis British and U.S. cultural studies. Divided into sections preceded by brief introductory essays, this volume traces the complex development of Latin American cultural studies from its roots in literary criticism and the ecomic, social, political, and cultural transformations wrought by neoliberal policies in the 1970s. It tracks the impassioned debates within the field during the early 1990s; explores different theoretical trends, including studies of postcolonialism, the subaltern, and globalization; and reflects on the significance of Latin American cultural studies for cultural studies projects outside Latin America. Considering literature, nationalism, soccer, cinema, postcolonialism, the Zapatistas, community radio, and much more, The Latin American Cultural Studies Reader is an invaluable resource for all those who want to understand the past, present, and future of Latin American cultural studies. Contributors. Hugo Achugar, Eduardo Archetti, John Beverley, Jose Joaquin Brunner, Antonio Candido, Debra A. Castillo, Antonio Cornejo Polar, Roman de la Campa, Ana Del Sarto, Roberto Fernandez Retamar, Juan Flores, Jean Franco, Nestor Garcia Canclini, Maria Gudelia Rangel Gomez, Adrian Gorelik, John Kraniauskas, Neil Larsen, Ana Lopez, Jesus Martin-Barbero, Francine Masiello, Daniel Mato, Walter D. Miglo, Carlos Monsivais, Mabel Morana, Alberto Moreiras, Renato Ortiz, Jose Rabasa, Angel Rama, Gustavo A. Remedi, Darcy Ribeiro, Nelly Richard, Alicia Rios, Beatriz Sarlo, Roberto Schwarz, Irene Silverblatt, Graciela Silvestri, Armando Rosas Solis, Beatriz Gonzalez Stephan, Abril Trigo, George Yudice
- Author BiographyAna Del Sarto is Assistant Professor of Latin American Cultures and Literatures at Bowling Green State University. Alicia Rios is Associate Professor of Latin American Literature at Universidad Simon Bolivar in Caracas, Venezuela. Abril Trigo is Associate Professor of Latin American Cultures at The Ohio State University.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2004
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleLatin America Otherwise
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note5 b&w photos, 27 illus.
- Weight1161 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byAbril Trigo,Alicia Rios,Sarto Ana Del
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.