Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to serve as a guide to understanding the Lati family in the United States and to describe the personal, political, historical, and sacred choices available in creating a freer and more fruitful family life. By linking theory to practice, the book provides a reenvisioning of the Lati family. Before any family can look at itself in a new way, it has to have a theoretical perspective. The book's theory of transformation provides a perspective that allows us to understand Lati families and the family in general. Furthermore, the politics of transformation shows us how to create fundamentally new and better relationships within the family.
- Author BiographyDAVID T. ABALOS is Professor of Religious Studies and Sociology at Seton Hall University. He has lectured and written extensively on multicultural and gender scholarship and on Latinas/os in the United States from the perspective of the politics of transformation. He is the author of numerous articles and monographs, including Chicanos in the United States and Latinos in the United States.
- Author(s)David T. Abalos
- Date of Publication21/09/1993
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitlePraeger Series in Transformational Politics & Political Science
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.