All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionWhen high school senior Asha Jamison gets called a towel head at a pool party, the racist insult gives Asha and her best friend Carey a great money-making idea for a post-graduation trip. They'll sell T-shirts promoting the Latte Rebellion, a club that raises awareness of mixed-race students. Seemingly overnight, their cause goes viral and the T-shirts become a nationwide fad. As new chapters spring up from coast to coast, Asha realizes that her simple marketing plan has taken on a life of its own-and it's starting to ruin hers. Asha's once-stellar grades begin to slip, threatening her Ivy League dreams, and her friendship with Carey is hanging by a thread. And when the peaceful underground movement turns militant, Asha's school launches a disciplinary hearing. Facing expulsion, Asha must decide how much she's willing to risk for something she truly believes in.
- Author BiographySarah Jamila Stevenson is a writer, artist, graphic designer, and occasional world traveller. She has written articles for Suite101.com, IGN.com, and San Joaquin Woman magazine, and YA short stories for a zine and an anthology.
- Author(s)Sarah Jamila Stevenson
- PublisherNorth Star Editions
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.