All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe WTO allows its members to retaliate in the face of continued n-compliance. After more than ten years' operation and ten arbitration disputes, this volume assesses the law, ecomics and politics of trade sanctions in WTO dispute settlement. Including more than thirty contributions from leading academics, trade diplomats and practitioners, it offers a thorough analysis of the legal rules on permissible WTO retaliation as well as an assessment of the ecomic rationale and calculations behind the mechanism. In addition, it provides first hand experiences of those countries that have obtained WTO authorisation to retaliate, ranging from the United States and the EC to Mexico and Antigua. In this assessment, the question of how to make the system work also for small countries is paramount. Finally, the volume spells out lessons that could be learned from related fields such as remedies for n-compliance in investment arbitration and competition or anti-trust regimes.
- Author BiographyChad P. Bown is Associate Professor in the Department of Economics and International Business School at Brandeis University in Waltham, Massachusetts, and a Non-Resident Fellow in the Global Economy and Development Program at the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC. Joost Pauwelyn is Professor of International Law at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland and Co-Director of the Institute's Centre for Trade and Economic Integration. He is also a Senior Advisor with the law firm of King & Spalding LLP, Washington DC.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCambridge International Trade and Economic Law
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note25 b/w illus. 13 tables
- Weight910 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byChad P. Bown,Joost Pauwelyn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.