All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book--at once simple and powerful--stands as a monument to the lifelong spiritual struggles of Edward Salim Michael, struggles that he heroically surmounted on his path to enlightenment. Due to the circumstances of his birth, Michael had education, mother tongue, and book learning when he was drafted at the age of 19 into the British Royal Air Force during World War II. After learning to read and write he became an accomplished classical composer in France. In 1949, after seeing a statue of a Buddha for the first time, he experienced a powerful awakening of his innate Buddha Nature, which inspired him to begin a sustained and extremely disciplined meditation practice. Michael abandoned his career as a composer and went to India, the home of his maternal grandmother, where he lived for seven years fully focused on his spiritual awakening. Michael's spiritual teachings reveal techniques of yoga and meditation that can open the door to one's higher nature and to directly experience the after-death state. Nada yoga (meditation on the inner sound) is one of the core techniques for this realization. There is a vast lumius consciousness already within us, but it is obscured by the clouds of our incessant thoughts. With sincerity, moral integrity, and inner vigilance, which, when embodied, implies that we have internalized the basic tenets of the law of attention, we can move beyond the promptings of our lower nature and break through the clouds of our ordinary mind to realize our own divine nature. Emphasizing inner attention and an awareness of attitude, Michael's practices can help aspirants make direct contact with the divine source each of us unkwingly carries deep within.
- Author BiographyEdward Salim Michael (1921-2006) began transmitting the fruits of his inner experiences and mystical understandings to his pupils in 1974. In addition to The Law of Attention, first published in 1983, he has written 7 other books in French.
- Author(s)Edward Salim Michael
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication27/01/2010
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content Note7 b&w illustrations
- Weight633 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Edition, New Edition of The Way of Inner Vigilance
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.