All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKate Axelrod s atmospheric, intense book captures perfectly the heady feeling of being on the edge of adulthood, when the abstract concept of love starts to have real and sometimes terrifying meaning and consequences. Emily Gould, author of Friendship THE LAW OF LOVING OTHERS . . .Hours after Emma returns home from boarding school, she realizes that her mom is suffering from a schizophrenic break. Suddenly, Emma s entire childhood and identity is called into question. COULD NOT BE DISCOVERED BY REASON, Desperate for answers, Emma turns to her boyfriend, Daniel. Will he love her even if she goes crazy too? But it s the lonely, brooding boy Emma meets while visiting her mother at the hospital who really understands Emma. Phil encourages Emma s reckless need for hurt and pain in the face of all this change and she is soon caught in a complicated spiral of loss and mistrust. BECAUSE IT IS UNREASONABLE. In the span of just one winter break, Emma s relationships alter forever and she is forced to see the wisdom in a line from Anna Karenina The law of loving others could t be discovered by reason, because it is unreasonable. A beautifully grounded coming-of-age vel, THE LAW OF LOVING OTHERS demands that the listener accept the main character, Emma, for who she is, while also creating deep sympathy for all that she is going through.
- Author BiographyKate Axelrod was born and raised in New York City. She has a B.A. in Creative Writing from Oberlin College and a Masters in Social Work from Columbia University. She has written for Nerve.com, Salon, and various other publications. She lives in Brooklyn and works as an advocate in the criminal justice system. This is her first novel.
- Author(s)Kate Axelrod
- PublisherListening Library (Audio)
- Date of Publication13/01/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintListening Library (Audio)
- Weight136 g
- Width127 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byHallie Cooper-Novack
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.25New
- AU $27.33New
- AU $18.19New
- AU $31.54New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $35.96
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $47.23Trending at AU $51.14
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.22
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.96
- AU $27.76Trending at AU $50.74
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $36.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.