All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe updated definitive reference for nprofit tax law The Law of Tax-Exempt Organizations is the classic reference for n-profit tax law, written by the most respected name in the field. Author Bruce R. Hopkins provides comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the taxation of exempt organizations to help both lawyers and managers make better-informed decisions regarding the actions and future of their organizations. This supplement includes the latest rulings, regulations, court opinions, and much more, including expanded discussion of the private benefit doctrine, integration of Treasury Department regulations, new rules for supporting organizations and dor-advised funds, and detailed guidance on nprofit governance and nprofit regional healthcare cooperatives. Written in plain English to facilitate quick and easy reference, this book is a vital part of any nprofit's reference library. The laws pertaining to nprofit organizations are constantly evolving, and keeping up to date with the changes may mean the difference between meeting organizational objectives or incurring costly penalties. Supplemented annually to provide a one-stop collection of pertinent updates, this book is an invaluable reference for all aspects of nprofit law. * Get up to date on the latest IRS rulings, regulatory changes, and court opinions * Understand the legal guidelines relevant to your organization * Become better-equipped to make short- and long-term strategy decisions * Stay current on laws pertaining to governance, fund raising, business activities, and more This Eleventh Edition is an important revision and expansion to the definitive one-volume reference, and this supplement extends the utility by providing comprehensive coverage of changes and new developments. As both laws and organizations evolve, The Law of Tax-Exempt Organizations is the definitive guide to nprofit taxation and regulation.
- Author BiographyBRUCE R. HOPKINS is the principal with the Bruce R. Hopkins Law Firm, LLC. He is the Professor from Practice at the University of Kansas School of Law. He is also the author and coauthor of over 30 books, all published by Wiley, including Bruce R. Hopkins Nonprofit Law Dictionary and The Tax Law of Charitable Giving, Fifth Edition. Hopkins earned his juris doctorate and master of laws degrees at the George Washington University. He has practiced law for over forty-five years and is a member of the District of Columbia and Missouri bars. He received the 2007 Outstanding Nonprofit Lawyer Award (Vanguard Lifetime Achievement Award) from the American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Committee on Nonprofit Corporations. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Nonprofit Organizations/Charities Law, 2007-2015.
- Author(s)Bruce R. Hopkins
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight346 g
- Width177 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.