Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionThe Law of Rights of Light is a new and comprehensive treatment of the controversial topic of rights of light. It considers how rights can be established, what constitutes an infringement of those rights and what remedies can be provided for the infringement of those rights. It explains how claims may be defended and rights overridden using the mechanism under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 s.237. By setting the law in its wider context, the book seeks to show that, despite the technicalities which arise, there are legal problems with which a competent lawyer cant grapple. The book benefits from two technical appendices by Point 2 Surveyors. The first explains how light is measured; the second how losses are valued. These appendices also explain the limits of current methodology. These limits leave current methods ripe for reconsideration by the Courts. The book will be an essential addition to the shelves of lawyers, surveyors and other property professionals.
- Author BiographyJonathan Karas is a subject editor of Hill and Redman's Law of Landlord and Tenant and author (with David Elvin QC) of Unlawful Interference with Land, second edition (2002). He has made substantial contribution to Halsbury's Laws of England, being a contributing editor to the Compulsory Acquisition title (1996), editor of the Distress title (2000, 2007 re-issues), the Forestry Title (2007 and 2009 re-issues) and editor of the Perpetuities and Accumulations volume.
- Author(s)Jonathan Karas
- PublisherWildy, Simmonds and Hill Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWildy, Simmonds and Hill Publishing
- Content Note10
- Weight615 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.