Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than 50 years, Herman Wouk has dreamed of writing a vel about the life of Moses Finally, at the age of 96, he has found an ingeniously witty way to tell the tale of The Lawgiver, a romantic and suspenseful epistolary vel about a group of people trying to make a movie about Moses in the present day. At its centre is Margo Solovei, a brilliant young writer-director who has rejected her father's strict Jewish upbringing to pursue a career in the arts. When an Australian multi-billionaire promises to finance a movie about Moses, Margo does everything she can to land the job, including a reunion with her estranged first love, an influential lawyer with whom she has unfinished business.
- Author BiographyHerman Wouk, born in 1915, is the author of such classics as The Caine Mutiny (1951) and The Winds of War (1971). Among his laurels are the 1951 Pulitzer Prize in fiction for The Caine Mutiny and the cultural phenomenon of The Winds of War and War and Remembrance which went on to become two of the most popular novels and TV mini-series of the 1970s and 1980s. In 2008, he was honoured with the first Library of Congress Fiction Award, to be known as the Herman Wouk Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Writing of Fiction. He lives in Palm Springs, California.
- Author(s)Herman Wouk
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.