CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- SynopsisThe Laws of Our Fathers opens with a spectacular drive-by shooting in one of Kindle County's most notorious drug-plagued housing projects. The victim is an aging white woman who has never been seen there before; within days her son, Nile Eddgar, a probation officer, is charged in connection with the crime. Nile's trial is presided over - and narrated by - Judge Sonia "Sonny" Klonsky, whom Turow's fans will remember from his second novel, The Burden of Proof. It brings together a vivid cast of characters from Sonny's student years during the turbulent sixties, among them Nile's father, Loyell Eddgar, once a leading campus revolutionary, and Sonny's old boyfriend Seth Weissman, who is now a renowned journalist. All have been permanently marked by the heady iconoclasm of their youth; some carry terrible secrets that come to bear on the case at hand in unforeseeable and explosive ways.
- AuthorScott Turow
- Number Of Pages931 pages
- Edition DescriptionLarge Type
- SeriesPaperback Bestsellers Ser.
- Publication Date1997-12-01
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Publication Year19970000
- Weight44.9 Oz
- Height1.7 In.
- Width6 In.
- Length9 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3570.U754L3 1996b
- Dewey Decimal813.54
- Dewey Edition21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.