All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike the myriad writing manuals that emphasize grammar, sentence structure, and other skills necessary for entry-level editing jobs, this engaging book adopts a broader view, beginning with the larger topics of audience, mission, and tone, and working its way down, layer by layer, to the smaller questions of grammar and punctuation. Based on Michael Evans's years of experience as an editor and supplemented by invaluable observations from the editors of more than sixty magazines-including The Atlantic, Better Homes and Gardens, Ebony, Esquire, and National Geographic-this book reveals the people-oriented nature of the job.
- Author BiographyMichael Robert Evans is assistant professor at the Indiana University School of Journalism. He was the founder of the syndicated column Finders, regional editor for the Daily Hampshire Gazette, and managing editor of Western Massachusetts Magazine.
- Author(s)Michael Robert Evans
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note1 illus.
- Weight544 g
- Width143 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.