All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the critical leadership skills and solid understanding of today's theory needed to become an effective business leader in today's turbulent times with Daft's THE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE, 6E. Acclaimed author Richard Daft helps you explore the latest thinking in leadership theory and contemporary practices at work within organizations throughout the world. You will examine emerging topics, including enhancement of emotional intelligence, leadership vision and courage, leadership of virtual teams, and open invation, and will connect those topics to recent world events such as ethical scandals and political turmoil. Packed with memorable examples and unique insights into actual leadership decisions, this full-color text includes crisp, clear visuals to reinforce the book's engaging presentation. This edition's proven applications, specifically designed for today's leadership theory and applications course, and a solid foundation grounded in established scholarly research make the topic of leadership come alive. In addition, THE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE is available with CengageNOW for the first time. CengageNOW provides an integrated text and online learning solution that enhances understanding of course content and offers opportunities to extend learning.
- Author BiographyRichard L. Daft, Ph.D., is the Brownlee O. Currey, Jr. Professor of Management and Principal Senior Lecturer in the Owen Graduate School of Management at Vanderbilt University, where he specializes in the study of leadership and organization theory. Dr. Daft is a fellow of the Academy of Management and has served on the editorial boards of Academy of Management Journal, Administrative Science Quarterly, and Journal of Management Education. He was associate editor-in-chief of Organization Science and associate editor of Administrative Science Quarterly. Dr. Daft has authored or co-authored 13 books, including The Executive and the Elephant, Organization Theory and Design, and Management. He also has authored dozens of scholarly articles, papers, and chapters, and he has published in the Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management; Accounting, Organizations and Society, Management Science, MIS Quarterly, and Organizational Behavior Teaching Review. Dr. Daft has received several government research grants in organization design, organizational innovation and change, strategy implementation, and organizational information processing. An active teacher and respected consultant, Dr. Daft has served as associate dean and helped manage a start-up enterprise. He has been involved in management development and consulting for numerous organizations, including the American Banking Association, AutoZone, Bridgestone, Vulcan Materials, TVA, Pratt & Whitney, Allstate Insurance, State Farm Insurance, the United States Air Force, the U.S. Army, Central Parking System, USAA, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
- Author(s)Richard L. Daft
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width205 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.