The Leadership Mystique: Leading Behavior in the Human Enterprise by Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book that any senior executive will find enlightening, as it peels back the layers of self-deception to reveal how our hidden personalities, largely hard-wired since early childhood, affect the way we lead and manage others. Carol Kennedy, Director magazine This book is a real gem. The author writes with flair and precision...I recommend this book very highly. It is clear, timely and accessible. De Vries is a master of the elusive topic of leadership. For the busy manager and consultant, it is a valuable balance to a growing library that merely idealises and idolises leadership. HR Monthly, Australia Your business can have all the advantages in the world; strong financial resources, enviable market position, and state-of-the-art techlogy, but if leadership fails, all of these advantages melt away. - Manfred Kets de Vries Organizations are like automobiles. They don't run themselves, except downhill. Successful leadership today demands very different behavior from the conventional leadership tradition we are used to. It requires leaders who speak to the collective imagination of their people, co-opting them to join in the business journey; leaders who are able to motivate people to full commitment and spur them on to make that extra effort. It's all about human behavior. It's about understanding the way people and organizations behave, about creating relationships, about building commitment, and about adapting your behavior to lead in a creative and motivating way. So, stop right w and ask yourself what you're doing about the leadership factor. How do you execute your own leadership style? Whether you work on the shop floor or have a corner office on the top floor of a shimmering skyscraper, what have you done today to be more effective as a leader? There are quick answers to leadership questions, and there are easy solutions. In fact, the more we learn the more it seems there is to learn. In The Leadership Mystique, management and psychology guru Manfred Kets de Vries unpicks the many layers of complexity that underlie effective leadership, and gets to the heart of the day-to-day behavior of leading people in the human enterprise. Assess your own leadership qualities with the probing self-questionnaires and learn how to develop your skills for maximum impact as a leader.
- Author BiographyManfred Kets De Vries holds the Raoul de Vitry d'Avaucourt Chair of Human Resource Management at INSEAD, is program director of INSEAD's top management program, The Challenge of Leadership: Developing Your Emotional Intelligence , and is also co-program director of INSEAD/HEC joint program Coaching and Consulting for Change. The Financial Times, Le Capital, Wirtschaftswoche, and The Economist have called Manfred Kets de Vries one of Europe's leading management thinkers. Kets de Vries is the author, co-author, or editor of 17 books, including Power and the Corporate Mind, Organizations on the Couch , Leaders, Fools and Impostors , the prize-winning Life and Death in the Executive Fast Lane (1995) (the Critics' Choice Award 1995-96), and The New Global Leaders: Percy Barnevik, Richard Branson, and David Simon (1999, with Elizabeth Florent).
- Author(s)Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleFinancial Times Series
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFinancial Times Prentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.