All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Leading Edge of Early Childhood Education aims to support the effort to simultaneously scale up and improve the quality of early childhood education by bringing together relevant insights from emerging research to provide guidance for this critical, fledgling field. It reflects the growing recognition that early childhood experiences have a powerful effect on children's later academic achievement and long-term life outcomes. Editors Nonie K. Lesaux and Stephanie M. Jones bring together an impressive array of scholarly contributors. Topics include:* creating learning environments that support children's cognitive and emotional development* identifying and addressing early risk factors* using data to guide educators' practice; and* capitalizing on the use of techlogy. Recent years have seen a surge of local, state, and national initiatives aimed at expanding and improving early childhood initiatives, particularly regarding access to preK programs. The Leading Edge of Early Childhood Education promises to be a valuable resource for those charged with enacting the next level of work in this critical area.
- Author BiographyNonie K. Lesaux is the Juliana W. and William Foss Thompson Professor of Education and Society at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, USA. She leads a research program that focuses on promoting the language and literacy skills of today's children and youth from diverse linguistic, cultural, and economic backgrounds. Stephanie M. Jones is the Marie and Max Kargman Associate Professor in Human Development and Urban Education Advancement at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, USA. She was awarded the Grawemeyer Award in Education for her work with Edward Zigler and Walter Gilliam on A Vision for Universal Preschool Education.
- Author(s)Nonie K. Lesaux,Stephanie M. Jones
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.