All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost Americans would be surprised to learn that their government has declined to join most other nations in UN treaties addressing inadequate housing, poverty, children's rights, health care, racial discrimination, and migrant workers. Yet this book documents how the U.S. has, for decades, declined to ratify widely accepted treaties on these and many other basic human rights. Providing the first comprehensive topical survey, the contributors build a case and specific agendas for the nation to change course and join the world community as a protector of human rights.
- Author BiographyJudith Blau, Professor of Sociology at UNC Chapel Hill, is the president of the U.S. chapter of Sociologists Without Borders and past president of the Southern Sociological Association. Earlier books include Architects and Firms, Sociology of Art, The Shape of Culture, Social Contracts and Economic Markets, and Race in the Schools. David L. Brunsma is an Associate Professor of Sociology/Black Studies at the University of Missouri. Alberto Moncada has a law degree and advanced degrees in sociology and education. He has taught at universities in Madrid and the U.S. Currently he is Vice President of UNESCO Spain and President of Sociologists without Borders International. He has published over thirty Spanish-language books on various topics including the media, Latino culture, and education. Catherine Zimmer is an Adjunct Professor of Sociology at UNC Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)Alberto Moncada,Catherine Zimmer,David L. Brunsma,Judith R. Blau
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $19.54Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $32.25Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $11.14Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $15.04Trending at AU $16.94
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $31.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.