All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a remarkable range of poems in The Leaf-Ride as it travels along in its 'down-welling, up-welling drift': poems that range from the power of a single word to the horror of violence to the joy of a newborn child. At the heart of the book are three sequences to stand alongside those that have formed the backbone of Dinah Hawken's acclaimed oeuvre: a contemplative poem written beside Lake Geneva; the 'Building Sonnets', which observe the construction of a new room; and 'Peace on Earth', which was commissioned to accompany a performance of Haydn's Seven Last Words of Our Saviour on the Cross.
- Author BiographyDinah Hawken is the author of It Has No Sound and Is Blue ; Oh There You Are Tui ; One Shapely Thing ; Small Stories of Devotion ; and Water, Leaves, Stones.
- PrizesShortlisted for New Zealand Post Book Awards: Poetry 2012.
- Author(s)Dinah Hawken
- PublisherVictoria University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintVictoria University Press
- Weight155 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.