All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA creepy Victorian house, secretive aunties, and a great escape combine in this debut that is part Mysterious Benedict Society, part Roald Dahl, and all quirky, smart, hilarious storytelling. Join the League. . . . Anastasia is a completely average almost-eleven-year-old. That is, UNTIL her parents die in a tragic vacuum-cleaner accident. UNTIL she's rescued by two long-lost great-aunties. And UNTIL she's taken to their delightful and, er, authentic Victorian home, St. Agony's Asylum for the Criminally Insane. But something strange is going on at the asylum. Anastasia soon begins to suspect that her aunties are t who they say they are. So when she meets Ollie and Quentin, two mysterious brothers, the three join together to plot their great escape! Marvelously inventive and utterly demented, THE LEAGUE OF BEASTLY DREADFULS is nasty good funfrom beginning to end! -- Bruce Coville, My Teacher is an Alien WONDERFULLY WITTY. It reminds me of Roald Dahl's The Twits only in an insane asylum. --Chris Grabenstein, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library * A yummy debut. -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review Just the right mix of humor, magic, maliciousness, and suspense -- Booklist Anastasia is anything but average, and her adventures are just beginning. --Publishers Weekly Eugh mystery and humor to keep readers wondering what will happen next. A solid debut reminiscent of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. --School Library Journal Abundant humor....Charmingly offbeat ...sure to entertain. --The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyHOLLY GRANT lives in Colorado with a clowder of cats and an eight-legged moth connoisseur named Matilda. She is a pancake eater of some renown. Visit Holly and the Beastly Dreadfuls at BeastlyDreadfuls.com.
- Author(s)Holly Grant
- PublisherRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleLeague of Beastly Dreadfuls
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.