All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionKelly S. McDough gives sustained attention to the complex nature of Nahua intellectualism and writing from the colonial period through the present day. The Learned Ones describes the experience of reading historic text with native speakers today, some encountering Nahua intellectuals and their writing for the very first time. It intertwines the written word with oral traditions and embodied kwledge, aiming to retie the strand of alphabetic writing to the dynamic trajectory of Nahua intellectual work. This collaborative ethgraphy shows the heterogeneity of Nahua kwledge and writing, as well as indigeus experiences in Mexico.
- Author BiographyKelly S. McDonough is an assistant professor of colonial literatures and cultures and indigenous studies in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at the University of Texas at Austin. She has contributed to several journals, and she serves on the inaugural editorial board for the Native American and Indigenous Studies Journal.
- Author(s)Kelly S. McDonough
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFirst Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Content Note14 photographs
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.