The Least You Should Know about Vocabulary Building: Word Roots by Carol Friend, Laura Knight, Teresa Ferster Glazier (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $206.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy drawing on words that readers already understand, THE LEAST YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VOCABULARY BUILDING: WORD ROOTS teaches vocabulary in a straightforward way that requires minimal time and effort. This book avoids rote memorization techniques and instead highlights the meaningful units within words, enabling readers to expand their vocabularies quickly and learn a reliable system for recognizing and retaining vocabulary. An intuitive design and alphabetical organization make the book an easy-to-use reference tool.
- Author BiographyLaura D. Knight is a Professor of English in the Liberal Arts Division of Mercer County Community College in central New Jersey, where she coordinated the English department's writing program for more than ten years. Laura has taught all levels of writing as well as reading, film, history, and literature at various colleges since 1980. She received her undergraduate degree from the State University of New York at Potsdam and her Masters of Humanities and Masters of English degrees from the State University of New York at Buffalo. In addition to teaching, she scores the English portion of the Praxis teacher's certification examination for Educational Testing Service. Laura's textbooks include THE LEAST YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VOCABULARY BUILDING: WORD ROOTS, 8th Edition; JOURNEYS: READINGS ACROSS THE ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES; THE OPEN MIND, 3rd Edition, and ...AND YOUR POINT?, 6th Edition. Carol Friend is an Associate Professor in the English/Languages department of the Liberal Arts Division of Mercer County Community College in central New Jersey. She has coordinated the Developmental Reading department since 2001 and the ESL department since Spring 2013. Carol has been a college professor since 1982 and has taught developmental reading, English composition, and ESL for over 30 years. She received her undergraduate degree from Michigan State University, her graduate degree from San Francisco State University, and her TOEFL certificate from the Notre Dame de Namur University. Her textbooks include THE LEAST YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VOCABULARY BUILDING: WORD ROOTS, 8th Edition; JOURNEYS: READINGS ACROSS THE ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES; and THE OPEN MIND, 3rd Edition.
- Author(s)Carol Friend,Laura Knight,Teresa Ferster Glazier
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight234 g
- Width163 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.