Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionNew Lexington, Texas, is a great place to work and raise a family in the 1950's. Friends and neighbors get together to barbecue or play canasta; kids play outdoors with fear; the churches are filled on Sundays. In this serene world, however, an incident occurs so horrible in its scope, so devastating in its consequences, that it shakes the community to its very foundations. A child is murdered, in fact, the only child of the local police chief. After the reality of the heius act sinks in, the locals want answers, especially the parents of the murdered child. Suspicions arise concerning a member of the black community in the town, thus causing tensions to rise between the races, tensions that were always present, just below the surface. As the story unfolds, old friends become estranged, gossip and conjecture prevail, and racism is exposed in all its ugliness.
- Author(s)Cindy Rice Holster
- PublisherAbbott Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbott Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.