All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $27.83Free postage
- AU $27.85Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionAt last! A leather working book for amateurs by a top professional. Valerie Michael guides the leatherworker through techniques and projects, showcasing the very best of her kwledge and experience. After a thorough presentation of each of the key techniques - such as finishing edges, paring and hand stitching, making pockets, attaching studs and straps and decorating surfaces - there are ten projects, suitable for developing levels of skill, from belts and wallets to quilted work and three different types of leather bag. Not only is this book an ideal introduction to a centuries-old craft, but its comprehensive treatment of materials, tools and techniques makes it an invaluable work of reference.
- Author BiographyValerie Michael is a founding member of the Association of Designer Leatherworkers and has been a full-time leatherworker for over twenty years.
- Author(s)Valerie Michael
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/03/2006
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine12 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mrstateless12 Dec, 2011by
Good intro to basics, lacks some detail.
An excellent intro to the basics, but illustrations and step-by-step guilds sometimes miss key steps - no help on finishing stitches, for example. Still, definitely worth it for people wanting to learn the basics.