All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe Leavenworth Case opens with the shocking murder of Horatio Leavenworth, a wealthy New York merchant. His favourite niece, Mary, is to inherit his fortune and all of the evidence seems to implicate her or her sister. Yet the case is t as concrete as it seems. The first mystery of its kind, introducing detective Ebenezer Gryce, Green changed the mystery genre with her distinctive verse and style.
- Author BiographyANNA KATHARINE GREEN (1846-1935), often referred to as 'the Mother of the Detective Novel', was an American author of mysteries. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Greene was the daughter of a lawyer and attended Ripley Female College in Vermont. Her first and most successful novel, The Leavenworth Case, was the landkmark for a new and exciting genre full of clues and suspense. MICHAEL SIMS is the author of Apollo's Fire, Adam's Navel and Darwin's Orchestra. For Penguin Classics he has edited The Annotated Archy and Mehitabel and Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Thief (which inspired The Penguin Book of Gaslight Crime).
- Author(s)Anna Katherine Green
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date20/05/2013
- Content Notediagrams
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.