All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2014 International Book Award for Multicultural Fiction 2014 Kindle Book Award Winner Vikram is t your model Indian-American teenager. Growing up in late 1980s Wisconsin, he is rebellious, adrift, and resentful of his Indian roots. But a disastrously drunken weekend becomes a one-way ticket back to the homeland for Vikram after his outraged parents decide to pack up the family and return to India. So begins a profound journey of culture shock, loneliness, and self-discovery as Vikram-navigating the chaos of daily Indian life and the antiquated social rules of his college-finds the confidence to explore his own creativity, reconnect with his family, and meet unforgettable new friends. Most of all, he discovers that India is his soul...but America is his heart, the land of his destiny, leading to a once-in-a-lifetime test of courage as he sets out to chart a bold new course for his future.
- Author BiographyJay Antani is a freelance film critic, writer, and editor. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, son, and cat. The Leaving of Things is his first novel. He encourages readers to visit his website at jayantani.com.
- Author(s)Jay Antani
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication18/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight390 g
- Width153 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.