All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Lee Strasberg Notes reproduces the original teachings of a unique voice in actor training, for the very first time. It is a stunning document in the history and ongoing practice of Strasberg's Method. Compiled and edited by Lola Cohen, the book is based on unpublished transcripts of Strasberg's own classes on acting, directing and Shakespeare. It recreates his theoretical approach, as well as the practical exercises used by his students, and brilliantly conveys his approach and personality. The book features Strasberg's teachings on: * Training and exercises * Characters and scenes * Directing and the Method * Shakespeare and Stanislavski * The theater, acting and actors. Including a Preface by Anna Strasberg and a Foreword by Martin Sheen, this illuminating book brings the reader closer to Strasberg's own methods than any other, making it a phemenal resource for students, actors, and directors.
- Author BiographyLola Cohen has taught acting for over twenty years at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute and NYU's Tisch School of the Arts Acting Program. As an actor she made her film debut in Renaldo and Clara in 1975, directed by Bob Dylan. She was SUNY - Ulster Artist in Residence in 2009.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note50 black & white halftones
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLola Cohen
- Foreword byMartin Sheen
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.