All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engagement with the continued importance of modernism is vital for building a nuanced account of the development of the vel after 1945. Bringing together internationally distinguished scholars of twentieth- and twenty-first-century literature, these essays reveal how the most invative writers working today draw on the legacies of modernist literature. Dynamics of influence and adaptation are traced in dialogues between authors from across the twentieth century: Lawrence and A. S. Byatt, Woolf and J. M. Coetzee, Forster and Zadie Smith. The book sets out new critical and disciplinary foundations for rethinking the very terms we use to map the vel's progression and renewal, enhancing our understanding t only of what modernism was but also what it might still become. With its global reach, The Legacies of Modernism will appeal to scholars working t only in the new modernist studies, but also in postcolonial studies and comparative literature.
- Author BiographyDavid James is Lecturer in Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century Literature at the University of Nottingham.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDr. David James
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.