All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Allen Northcutt's fun-filled holiday tale weaves a whimsical ugly duckling story of animal friends that love an amiable but tattered moose whose name is Ugly. This picture book introduces eleven animal characters in rhyme as they join Ugly on a swy trip through the woods to Momma and Poppa Bear's house. There, a Christmas Eve party is made very special when Ugly gives unselfishly of himself to overcome a forgotten Christmas tree. The story addresses everyday issues of how ugly names are hurtful and it is t nice to exclude someone from a group because they are different. In the end, the animals embrace Ugly as part of their group and change his name to Chris Moose, because it sounds so much like Christmas and is what his spirit is all about. Christie Morris's captivating and humorous illustrations add magic to this soon-to-be-classic Christmas story.
- Author BiographyAllen Northcutt, wrote the first draft of 'Chris Moose on Christmas eve in 1982 while dealing with the many issues of raising a learning disabled child. And then the manuscript sat in a drawer for 29 years. Allen is a decorated U. S. Marine Corps fighter pilot, Vietnam war veteran and retired investment banker. His enduring passions are the outdoors, adventure recreation, competitive sports, and spending quality time with family and old friends. Motivation to resurrect Chris Moose came from friends encouragement that Chris Moose could become the first new perennial Christmas character in the past 50 years.
- Author(s)Allen Northcutt
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight386 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.