All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up is never easy, but for Jahrra, seventeen years has brought its own unique share of hardships. She's made both friends and enemies; has felt both joy and sorrow. Yet she has persevered through it all and has finally learned to kw and accept who she is. Unfortunately, her trials and tribulations are only just beginning . . . An inconceivable tragedy and the revelation of a secret kept from her since birth has turned her perfect world on its end. Jahrra isn't the poor Nesnan she thought she was, but human, one promised by Ethoes in a prophecy from long ago. Now, without her guardian, she must accept the help of the one she mistrusts the most as they flee Oescienne before the Tyrant's minions have a chance to close in. With her enemies at her heels and the terrifying truth looming before her, Jahrra will seek shelter with the dragon Raejaaxorix in the faraway city of Lidien, a place of hope and enlightenment. But when the City of Light proves to entertain its own dangers, Jahrra and Jaax find their safety threatened once again. But this time the threat may be coming from those they trust the most . . .
- Author BiographyJenna Elizabeth Johnson grew up and still resides on the Central Coast of California, the very place where the Legend of Oescienne first began to blossom into the epic it has become. The province of Oescienne is based primarily on the topography of this area, and some specific locations in the novel reflect actual sites. These places are dear to me, and I wanted to share their natural magic with those who might read my books. Miss Johnson has a BA in Art Practice with a minor in Celtic Studies from the University of California at Berkeley. It was during her time in college that she decided to begin her first novel, I had these stories stored away in my head and had even sketched out some ideas during my studio time. One day it dawned upon me that if I didn't write these stories down, then I would be the only one ever to enjoy them. Furthermore, reading such works as Beowulf, The Mabinogi and The Second Battle of Maige Tuired in my Scandinavian and Celtic Studies courses only added fuel to the fire. Having a degree in art has also aided her in the creation of the world of Ethoes. The cover images, the map of Oescienne and all of the artwork found on her website, www.oescienne.com, was done by the author. Having a picture, especially a map, helps me to visualize the story more completely. I hope that the images I have placed on my site will help my readers get a better idea of what my world looks like. Of course, you are always welcome to disregard them if the images you have in your head are better than the ones I offer. Besides writing and drawing, Miss Johnson enjoys reading, gardening, camping and hiking. She also loves animals and bird watching and has many bird feeders set up in her garden at home.
- Author(s)Jenna Elizabeth Johnson
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date26/01/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.