All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a legend that has grown up in the beautiful little town of Hingham, on the coast of Massachusetts, 20 miles south of Boston and 20 miles rth of Plymouth. Everyone loves a story, but a legend is even better, having been told over and over until nearly everyone believes it. To this day, many believe the tale that a girl called Ragged Sarah Langley was born and raised on Langley Island in Hingham Harbor. She was a poor little waif, the story goes, who was the daughter of a poor fisherman. The Legend of Ragged Sarah Langley is the story of a young girl's journey to womanhood in colonial America. A young girl with the dream of a school where girls as well as boys could attend, and how she grew up to found Derby Academy, the first co-ed school in the United States, for which the country will ever be in her debt.
- Author BiographyLaura Ricci was born in Hingham, at home on the family farm, on Ritter Road off of Main Street. Ritter Road was named after her Grandfather. Mrs. Ricci has her Masters in Art, and has studied at: Wheaton College, Gordon College, the Museum of Fine Arts, and Boston University. Her portraits and murals may be found across the country. When she is not at her easel, she may be found teaching classes in her post and beam art barn.
- Author(s)Mrs Laura C Ricci
- Date of Publication09/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.