All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn this informative account, Bryan Gibson places St Yves - born Erwan Helouri - on a par with Robin Hood, Jessie James and Ned Kelly in terms of their appeal to various national psyches - and up there alongside Joan of Arc and Bernadette of Lourdes as regards his native France. But whilst conventional outlaws used bows, arrows, six-guns and bullets to 'rob the rich to help the poor', St Yves challenged the poverty and social inequality which he saw as the root of many a prosecution or claim via argument, debate, reason and consensus. At a time when bribery and corruption was rife, St Yves waged an historic struggle to enhance the fairness of proceedings and their outcomes.Hailing St Yves as an icon of justice, counselling, mediation and reform, Gibson explains why Erwan Helouri deserves to be better kwn, including for the values of decency, integrity and ethics that his approach to resolving conflict imparts. The result is t just a fascinating portrayal of the man but a work that will serve as an encouragement to anyone who believes that there are better ways of doing justice. Building on connections across time, place and elements of the supernatural, Law, Justice and Mediation: The Legend of St Yves also stands in its own right as an enlightening and compelling tale. As Guardian columnist and legal commentator Marcel Berlins writes in the Foreword: 'St Yves deserves to be far better kwn than he is, especially in the English-speaking world, and in Bryan Gibson he has found a worthy champion'.
- Author BiographyBryan Gibson is a barrister-at-law and former justices' clerk. He is editor-in-chief of Waterside Press.
- Author(s)Bryan Gibson
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWinchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Content NoteColour photographs
- Weight122 g
- Width156 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Contained items statement23 Paperbacks
- Edition StatementColour edition ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.