All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver three thousand years ago, the legendary Celtic warrior Cuchulainn was killed on orders of the evil Queen Meadhbh. His wife, who had just given birth to twin boys, died of grief and a broken heart. To protect the orphaned twins from the wrath of the queen, one child, Ferdia, was sent to live with his grandfather in Tir na nOg, the land of eternal youth. Fergus, the second boy could t make the journey, and so the twins were separated. Ultimately the two boys spent their early years in the same land...but in very different times. The Legends: Beginnings tells the story of Ferdia who ultimately re-emerged from Tir na nOg and was discovered as an infant, lying on the banks of the River Boyne. He is adopted by Cathal and Eibhlin O'Suileabhain, christened Brian, and grows up, a sporting legend in modern Ireland. The Legends: The Story of Fergus describes the early life of the twin who remained behind in Celtic Ireland. A true son of his legendary father, Fergus is trained as a champion to fight and defend his people and his homeland against raids and invasions. Despite his success on the battlefield, Fergus kws he has a twin brother and longs to be with him again. The Legends: Brothers finds the twins, w eighteen years of age, pursuing their respective dreams. Little do they kw that the days and months ahead will include shocking discoveries which will change their lives forever. Like the prior books in this series, Brothers is published in both an Irish/English edition and an Irish American edition recognising that language, including spelling, syntax and termilogy differ on either side of the Atlantic.
- Author BiographyRobert Connolly is the author of several books on Irish history and politics including Thirty Nine Dawson Street: The Autobiography of a Building, If Walls Could Talk: Great Irish Castles Tell Their Stories and The Rise and Fall of the Irish Pub. Robert holds undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Notre Dame in Indiana and is a solicitor practicing in Dublin, Ireland. He lives with his wife, Pamela, and their dogs, an Irish wolfhound named Killykeen Fionn and an Irish Wheaten Terrier named Matilda Doyle, in the village of Raheny just north of Dublin.
- Author(s)MR Robert E Connolly
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.