All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionLemon juice is the new cabbage soup of the diet world and a major Hollywood fad; the media is full of stories of stars losing weight on diets in which lemon juice is a key feature. The Lemon Juice Diet is a safe, delicious way to get thin quickly using this most magical and most fashionable of ingredients. Scientifically-proven to work and easy-to-follow, this diet will help you lose those excess pounds and stay in shape for good. So, what's the secret behind this diet? Lemon juice stimulates the flow of saliva and gastric juice and is an excellent digestive agent. And the health of your digestive system determines how well nutrients get absorbed from your food, how effectively toxins are filtered out and eliminated from your body and how quickly you lose weight. Lemon juice when taken regularly first thing in the morning, acts as a tonic to the liver and stimulates it to produce bile making it ready to digest the day's food. Lemon juice helps lower blood sugar and can lower the glycemic impact of any meal. Lemon juice is one of the richest and most concentrated food sources of vitamin C and recent research suggests that people who eat more fresh citrus are more likely to lose weight. Lemon juice also contains pectin power creating a satisfying feeling of fullness and preventing nagging hunger. With easy meal plans, eating guidelines and exercise tips, The Lemon Juice Diet will help you to lose weight safely and effortlessly; all you need to do is give life a squeeze.
- Author BiographyTheresa Cheung is a full-time writer specialising in nutrition and women's health and lifestyle issues. She holds a Masters Degree from King's College Cambridge and, prior to writing and research, worked as a health and fitness consultant. Her previous books include The Menopause Diet, The PCOS Diet Book, You Can Beat PMS and Pregnancy Weight Management. Theresa also regularly contributes features to women's magazines, such as Red, She, Prima and You Are What You Eat. Dr Marilyn Glenville MA, PhD is a Fellow of The Royal Society of Medicine, a nutritional therapist, psychologist, author and broadcaster who obtained her doctorate from Cambridge University. She is also a member of the Nutrition Society. For over twenty years Dr Glenville has studied and practised Nutritional Therapy, both in the UK and in the USA, specialising in the natural approach to female hormone problems. She has had several papers published in scientific journals, frequently advises health professionals and often lectures at academic conferences. She is also a popular international speaker. As a respected author on women's health care she gives regular talks on radio and has often appeared on television and in the press. She is the author of four internationally best selling books.
- Author(s)Theresa Cheung
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/01/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight162 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byMarilyn Glenville
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.