All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- Description'Children learned more in a week than they rmally would in a term' Fiona Loudon, Head Teacher 'The pupils were captivated by the excitement, a captivation that in turn led to an increase in literacy levels, self-motivation and cooperative learning' Emer Vance, Teacher and Scott Vance, Head Teacher The Leonardo Effect ties together the whole primary curriculum by demonstrating the ways in which art and science can be integrated, allowing children to build up both skills and kwledge. It also equips teachers to teach in a more creative and inspiring manner improving children's engagement and attainment. The method aims to excite children's curiosity and to capture their imaginations, igniting a passion for self-motivated learning. Divided into two parts, the first section consists of overview chapters written by lecturers in Education who describe The Leonardo Effect's unique method of integrating art and science in detail, and the outcomes achievable. Part two comprises a series of illustrated case studies contributed by teachers and head teachers who have embedded The Leonardo Effect in their schools, found it has transformed their curriculum, and has been positively evaluated by inspectors. These case studies deal with: literacy; creativity; disaffected learners; learners with special needs; school leadership; and assessment. This book is based on the experiences of researchers, teachers and school leaders who tested The Leonardo Effect in primary schools throughout the British Isles. It has been shown to transform children's learning and raise attainment. Feedback from the schools demonstrates how it enhances teaching and learning. The Leonardo Effect is ideal for students and practising teachers, curriculum developers and academics working in the field of education.
- Author BiographyIvor Hickey has lectured in science, medicine and education and has published extensively in all three areas. Deirdre Robson is Head of Art in St Mary's University College and lectures in art with education. Her interest is in creative curriculm design and development, and the importance of artistic experession in children's learning.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 12 black & white halftones
- Weight338 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDeirdre Robson,Ivor Hickey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.