All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBorges -- Argentine poet, essayist, and short-story writer, whose tales of fantasy and dream-worlds are classics of the 20th-century world literature - was profoundly influenced by European culture, English literature, and thinkers such as Berkeley. Since his death, Borges has been inducted into the world literary can through the efforts of a number of influential critics and the Borges estate. Central to this project has been the publication of a group of grand volumes whose greatest achievement has been to make available in English works that had previously remained obscure, even in Spanish. The Lesson of the Master, a memoir and essays, is an indispensable work for Borges readers and his growing legion of students and scholars. Di Giovanni was the only translator to have Borges to hand on a daily basis to contradict or authorize his work. In addition, di Giovanni is t burdened with an over-reverence for his subject but is on the contrary playful, robust and witty. The Lesson of the Master is an essential illumination of one of the great masters of twentieth-century literature.
- Author BiographyNorman Thomas di Giovanni is a Companion of the Order of May, Argentina's highest honour to a foreigner, has been the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship, and is the author of many books including the novel of Bertolucci's movie 1900.
- Author(s)Norman Thomas di Giovanni
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/10/2004
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.