All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing on from the success of her first book, 'Auschwitz', Angela Morgan Cutler offers us ather 'vel' that defies easy definition or assignment to a fixed genre. 'The Letter' creates its own category. It takes the form of a reply to the anymous author of a threat letter that was sent to the narrator's husband, En. Instead of the natural response, to freeze or lose language in reaction to such a threat, the book releases a voice that faces the anymous other who wrote it; a continuous, digressive reply that winds its way through daily observations, reminiscences and reflections that succeed in creating a distance from the potential violence imposed on the family. 'The Letter' is also an affirmation of home and of the restorative power of storytelling as the book flips between the UK - in the days and weeks that follow the arrival of the letter, with all the paraia and imaginative leaps that fear evokes - and Spain, months later, when the threat begins to subside. Interspersed throughout the text are accounts of other people's stories - examples of written threats they too have received - and interviews with others caught up in the event: family, friends, a police officer, a postman, a counsellor; all sharing their own perspectives on the process of being threatened, bullied, or stalked. 'The Letter' is a response to a threat that can never be sent: there is return address. And yet, the narrator's reply to the unkwn author of the threat remains as a powerful trace of the experience, and a testament to so many stories left untold.
- Author BiographyAngela lives in Cardiff with her two teenage sons and husband Ian. She worked for 10 years as a psychiatric nurse, trained as a fine artist and completed a Ph.D. in Critical & Creative Writing at Cardiff University. She has been running creative writing groups since 2000. 'Auschwitz' was her first book.
- Author(s)Angela Morgan Cutler
- PublisherTwo Ravens Press
- Date of Publication18/01/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationUlapool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Ravens Press
- Out-of-print date23/07/2012
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.