All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Edinburgh International Book Festival's First Book Award and longlisted for the Not the Booker Prize. 'A truly original and enthralling vel. Ivor Punch is a magnificent creation and his story is mischievous, sad, funny and truthful' - Stephen Kelman, BOOKER-SHORTLISTED author of PIGEON ENGLISH 'Incredible...In parts witty, shocking, curious and wry, it is a multi-faceted vel that delights at every turn...A thing of genius and wonder...It is hard to believe that this is his first vel, so original and impressive it is.' welovethisbook.com Imagine an island, a place separated from the mainland by choppy seas. A place of myths and faith, where a Headless Horseman is said to stalk the woods but where the kirk is always full. Imagine a community which held its own against Darwin but which can't hold on to its own. Prepare to meet a pioneering female travel writer, two fatherless boys, and a man who, quite simply, fell from the sky. And, at the centre of it all, the figure who links the past to the present - the irrepressible, unforgettable former Sergeant Punch. Ivor Punch will t be taking his secrets to the grave. He's going to share them: with a departed relative, with President Obama and, especially, with you. Hilarious and heartfelt, rowdy and true, The Letters of Ivor Punch is a vel about fathers and sons, secrets and lies and how, sometimes, you have to leave home to kw what home is.
- Author BiographyColin MacIntyre is an award-winning musician who has written and produced six albums to date, having achieved two Top 20 albums under the name Mull Historical Society. He has been voted Scotland's Top Creative Talent and has toured worldwide, including with The Strokes, Elbow and REM, and has played all the major festivals. He has performed live on Radio 4, 6Music, Radio 1, Radio 2, Later with Jools Holland and The Jonathan Ross Show, among many others. He is the co-author of a Radio 4 Afternoon Play, and has collaborated with Tony Benn and Irvine Welsh. His newest musical project is INK, an enigmatic electro-pop collaboration, of which the Guardian has said, 'Perfect without being too box-ticking. INK is going to be massive.' Born into a family of writers and storytellers, Colin grew up on the isle of Mull in the Hebrides but now lives in London.
- PrizesWinner of Edinburgh International Book Festival First Book Award 2015.
- Author(s)Colin MacIntyre
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Out-of-print date07/05/2016
- Weight330 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.