Save on a similar product
Shop a related product
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, read all four Letty stories in one beautiful hardback edition. It's 1841 ...Letty's older sister Lavina is leaving England for Australia by ship. But Letty ends up stuck on board too, much to her sister's dismay. Can Letty cope with the long sea voyage, as well as building a new life for herself in a strange far-off land? Journey with Letty across all four exciting stories about a free-settler girl making her own way. Shy, brave and kind, Letty is an extraordinary Australian girl.
- Author BiographyAlison Lloyd started learning Chinese in school because it was a challenge, then later went to live in China for two years - she was living there when army tanks rolled in to suppress the student movement in 1989. Alison loves history - both the big sweep of events and the little details of how people lived. Her favourite stories are about people's deep feelings - hope and despair, loyalty and betrayal, love and loss. Put these things together in a book and she can't put it down. That's why she wrote her first novel Year of the Tiger, and it's sequel Battle of the Jade Horse. She is also the author of the CBCA shortlisted non-fiction -Wicked Warriors and Evil Emperors - and the Letty books in the Australian Girl series. Before she wrote Year of the Tiger, Alison worked for the Australian Government, in the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Alison lives in Melbourne with her family.
- Author(s)Alison Lloyd
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleOur Australian Girl
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintViking Australia
- Weight558 g
- Width139 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lucia Masciullo
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.