All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Library Instruction Cookbook is a practical collection of learning recipes, each of which includes a plan for conducting a specific type of learning session and which indicates how the recipe reflects specific ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. The Library Instruction Cookbook is stuffed with recipes from academic librarians from around the world. Chef editors Ryan Sittler and Doug Cook have gathered 97 of the best lesson plans to spice up the student experience. Recipes meet the learning goals of the following occasions:* Library Orientation* Teaching Basic Library Skills* Teaching Citations and Plagiarism* Evaluating Various Types of Resources* Teaching Specialized Research Skills* Teaching Discipline Related Research* Teaching with Techlogy Each recipe is accompanied by the following teaching and planning aids:* Main Cooking Technique* ACRL Information Dietary Standards Addressed (ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards)* Main Ingredients* Preparation Steps* Allergy Warnings This book is appropriate for college, university, and community college libraries with instruction programs. It is also appropriate for schools of library and information science.
- Author BiographyRyan L. Sittler is Instructional Technology/Information Literacy Librarian, and Assistant Professor, California University of Pennsylvania (PA), USA. Dr. Douglas Cook is Reference Librarian and Professor, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (PA), USA.
- Author(s)Douglas Cook,Ryan L. Sittler
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.45Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.