All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the Costa Book of the Year 2015, The Lie Tree is a dark and powerful vel from universally acclaimed author, Frances Hardinge, and illustrated by Children's Laureate, Chris Riddell It was t eugh. All kwledge- any kwledge - called to Faith, and there was a delicious, poisous pleasure in stealing it unseen. Faith has a thirst for science and secrets that the rigid confines of her class cant supress. And so it is that she discovers her disgraced father's journals, filled with the scribbled tes and theories of a man driven close to madness. Tales of a strange tree which, when told a lie, will uncover a truth: the greater the lie, the greater the truth revealed to the liar. Faith's search for the tree leads her into great danger - for where lies seduce, truths shatter ...The Lie Tree: Illustrated Edition is packed full of gorgeous black and white illustrations by triple Kate Greenaway Medal winning-illustrator, Chris Riddell, author of the Goth Girl and Ottoline series. 'Brilliant, dark, thrilling, utterly original' Patrick Ness 'The Lie Tree is a wonder. I can't think of anyone who would t love this story' Matt Haig 'I loved this book so much' Lucy Mangan 'Complex and intelligent: a lustrous, delicious romp.' Philip Womack, The Telegraph
- Author BiographyFrances Hardinge won the Branford Boase First Novel Award in 2006 with her debut, Fly By Night. Her subsequent novels, including Cuckoo Song and A Face like Glass are universally critically acclaimed and have been shortlisted for multiple awards, including the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize and the CILIP Carnegie Medal. The Lie Tree,winner of the Costa Book of the Year 2015 and the Sunday Times Children's Book of the Year 2015 is her seventh novel. Chris Riddell, the 2015-2017 UK Children's Laureate, is an accomplished artist and the political cartoonist for the Observer. He has enjoyed great acclaim for his books for children. His books have won a number of major prizes, including the 2001, 2004 and 2016 CILIP Kate Greenaway Medals. Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse won the Costa Children's Book Award 2013. His previous work for Macmillan includes the bestselling Ottoline books, The Emperor of Absurdia, and, with Paul Stewart, Muddle Earth and the Scavenger series. Chris lives in Brighton with his family.
- Author(s)Frances Hardinge
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight567 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Riddell
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.