All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is an introductory treatment of issues and options in social and bioethics which center on the end of life. Moreland and Geisler have attempted to simplify and summarize various end-of-life topics without being simplistic or caricaturing different viewpoints, even though the authors' own viewpoints are made perfectly clear. A comprehensive bibliography, glossary, and subject and author index make this a valuable textbook as well as a resource for further study. The major purpose of this book is to make the reader think more clearly and deeply about the important issues discussed between its covers. Beginning the work is an essay that introduces the dilemma of ethical decisions. The following chapters separately discuss the situations of abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, suicide, capital punishment, and war. The discussion concludes with a chapter of practical and theoretical guidance for making ethical decisions. A glossary, subject index, author index, and selected bibliography for each chapter make this a valuable text. This important work will t only appeal to experienced philosophers, but also to students of moral philosophy, theology, and ethics.
- Author BiographyJ.P. MORELAND is Professor of Philosophy at Biola University, La Mirada, California. /e He is the author of such books as Universals, Qualities, and Quality Instances, Scaling the Secular City, Christianity and the Nature of Science, and Does God Exist?: The Great Debate. NORMAN L. GEISLER is Professor of Philosophy at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia. /e He is the author of Ethics: Alternatives and Issues, Philosophy of Religion, Miracles and Modern Thought, and Worlds Apart.
- Author(s)J. P. Moreland,Norman L. Geisler
- Date of Publication09/11/1990
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width171 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.