All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmily Chubbick Judson (1817-1854) is a well-kwn name, but for more reasons than most kw. She was a nationally kwn writer (her pseudonym was Fanny Forrester) with pieces appearing alongside those by Edgar Allan Poe and Walt Whitman, and she walked in literary company second to ne. She wrote children's books, essays, and stories. Then, in 1845, she met Adoniram Judson and they married in 1846. Their work in Burma made them famous as Baptist missionaries. After his death in 1850, she returned to the States in 1851 and spent the last years of her life writing and publishing her essays and poetry, and helping to produce a biography of her husband. During her fascinating life, she was a prolific letter writer. This is the first volume of her life and works, with volumes 2 through 6 containing all of her letters. As these volumes are presented, readers and scholars in the future will find in this material encouragement for sharing more about the Judson lives, and the wonderful work they accomplished. Their humanity, their faith, and their deep commitment to their call should prove to be instructive and inspirational to each of our lives. Volume 1 consists of foottes, time lines, and biographies that have all emerged out of the project itself. For example, many of Emily Chubbic Judson's letters are undated. To put them in sequence, the events, places, and people within the letters were identified so they could be understood and interpreted correctly; this resulted in a 'Cast of Characters' and 'Places and Events'. The 'Publication Time' puts Chubbick's writings in chrological order. The foottes clarify and lend context to the names and faces, as well as the stories and the events within the letters, and the connectiveness between the letters. Volume 2 consists of the early letters Emily Chubbick Judson from the years 1836 through 1845.
- Author BiographyGeorge H. Tooze was born in Boston and educated at Gordon College (B.S.), Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (M.Div.) ad Andover Newton Theological School (D.Min.). In forty years of pastoral ministry, he served churches in Gardner, Beverly, and Malden, Massachusetts, and Indianapolis, Indiana, retiring from active ministry in December 2003. He is married to Constance Taylor Tooze.
- Author(s)Emily Chubbuck Judson,George Tooze
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- Series TitleBaptist Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.