Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionWhen journalist Jacob Florlen sets out on a journey to find a long lost musician who is rumored to still be living in the backwoods of Tennessee, he is both surprised and amazed at where his journeys take him. By weaving together a rich tapestry of vernacular music, religion, human psychology, mythology, and American history, this story tells the tale of two doomed men and their individual quests to conquer their own demons. One is a young reporter attempting to reconnect with his past. The second is an eccentric, storytelling fiddle player by the name of Flannigan Smite. It is a story steeped in the ethos of American folklore, from the Irish immigration of the 1800s, through the Postwar Era of the 1950s. This is a story that spans across hundreds of years of American culture. It is sure to excite the imaginations of readers and to remind them of their own sordid histories.
- Author BiographyBraden Wortz has a background in Literature, Philosophy, Comparative Religions, and the Visual Arts. He has taught at both the collegiate and secondary levels. He currently resides in South Florida with his wife and two dogs, where he manages a day training facility for adults with disabilities. When he isn't working, reading, or writing he enjoys painting, biking on Palm Beach, and collecting rare records.
- Author(s)Braden Wortz
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.