Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionRaul Prebisch was a leader in ecomic development theory and international ecomic policy, an institution builder, and an international diplomat. The Life and Times of Raul Prebisch provides the first book-length account of his life and work, a story cast against the backdrop of Latin America, the Cold War, the rise of the United Nations, and the struggle for equity between first and third worlds. A wunderkind, Prebisch occupied key positions at the Argentine ministry of finance in his twenties and was the general manager of the Argentine Central Bank before forty. Exiled by Juan Peron after World War II, he became arguably the most influential Latin American official at the UN, heading such international organizations as the Ecomic Commission for Latin America and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Author BiographyEdgar J. Dosman, senior research fellow, Centre for International and Security Studies, York University, has written extensively on Latin America and was the founding director of FOCAL (Canadian Foundation for the Americas).
- Author(s)Edgar J. Dosman
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note26 b&w photos
- Weight953 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine992 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.