All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a taste for discourse upon any and all subjects generally considered taboo at dinner, William Mengert stood out from the crowd at Haverford College. The son of a bookkeeper, he was studying to become a doctor. And, two years after his college graduation, he got that wish when he entered Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. There, influenced by the legendary obstetrician, J. Whitridge Williams, he decided to make obstetrics and gynecology his specialty and headed west to complete an internship and residency at the University of Iowa. Then, in the middle of World War II, (1943 to be exact), he left the security of Iowa to become the first Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the nation's newest medical school, Southwestern Medical College. The Life and Times of William F. Mengert, M.D., is the story of one man's journey and how he influenced his specialty, women's health care, and a fledgling medical school in Dallas, Texas.
- Author BiographyJudy Wagers has master's degrees in both English and business administration. She began her professional career as an editor and project manager for a California publisher of children's educational materials. In 1973, she joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Since her retirement as the Department's Business Manager in 2009, she has been writing about the history of the Department. As part of this project, she edited and facilitated the 2014 publication of Every Life Has A Story And This Is Mine - the autobiography of the second Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern, Jack A. Pritchard, M.D. Judy and her scientist husband, Robert, are authors of the book, Mysteries of the Marfa Lights Revealed - the culmination of their seven-year investigation of mysterious light phenomena seen near the west Texas town of Marfa.
- Author(s)Judy a Wagers
- PublisherR & J Books Unique
- Date of Publication22/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintR & J Books Unique
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.